Tuesday, July 28, 2009

29 Never Felt So Sweet...

Last Friday was my 29th birthday. I never really get excited for my birthday because for as long as I can remember no one is around during the summer to celebrate with me, and hardly anyone ever remembers it because as summers go, everyone is busy vacationing. I have to hand it to Justin though, he really made turning 29 a real treat! In Utah, the 24th of July is a state holiday, which in this case, worked out to my advantage this year. Justin had work off so he could watch the kids while he surprised me with a day at the Sanctuary Day Spa, at the Gateway, in SLC, to get a deep tissue message and a pedicure. What a great gift right? Just picture a black NFL football player giving little old me a deep tissue message. I am serious, my words before we even walked into the room were, "Just don't break me." He laughed, but I wasn't kidding. He was huge. But "Jamicheal", as Justin refers to him, did a fabulous job. I think I could do this every week! And who doesn't like a pedicure? Later that night we got our, get this, first "babysitter", cousin Lauren! We went out to dinner and hit up our first Real Salt Lake soccer game, and watched the fireworks afterward. What a great birthday. I definitely got spoiled! So spoiled, I admitted to Justin that with how great my birthday was that it could count for my birthday and our 7 year anniversary! What was I thinking? I could have really taken advantage here huh? Oh well, not only did I have a great birthday, but I have had great 7 years, as of the 27th of July 2002, being married to Justin. WOW!

On Sunday my brother Jeff, had us over for a BBQ, to celebrate again. I love family... they always make you feel so special! Kate really liked the cake!
Ever since my birthday on Friday Zach has been asking when is it his birthday? If you asked him today when it is he would want it to be tomorrow. Too bad it is in five months. He has not let up, continually asking if we can celebrate his birthday tomorrow, and the next day, and the next, etc. So he doesn't quite understand the whole time thing, but he already knows what he wants...a DS and a head flash light. Luckily Uncle Jeff had one he could play with for awhile, to only peak his interest and want even more. I love this picture though. He is wearing his "Brother Cousin's", Alec's, scout badge sash, and is right down to business with that head flash light. I will be hearing about the camp out he wants to have all week!

8 comments:

Chiara said...

What? You are 29?!?! hahah - I'm only 23! ;)- Glad you had a wonderful day!

K-Krew said...

Glad to hear you had such a great birthday! Happy Anniversary too :)
Lucy can't wait for her b-day either - fortunately we only have 2 more months of her asking "Is it my birthday? When's my birthday?"

Hi Zach,
Hope you're having a good time in UT. I went to summer camp today. I miss you.
From - LUCY

The Perry family said...

I'm glad you had a great birthday! Isn't it awesome when the hubbies come through? You know you'll be asking for "Jamichael" the next time you go. Happy 29th! (from now, you just count backwards)

Crystal said...

Sounds Like you had a great Birthday! It was good to see you guys! Next year we will have to have it in Colorado!

Krystal said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like a nice one. Good job Justin. Don't you just love getting a message? I try to get one once a month! ha ha Really you are 29...I think you are just one of those girls who will always look young and beautiful!

Devon said...

What a seriously great birthday! I'm only a few months from the big 3-0 and I'm not anticipating anything close to that (I'd be happy with a few Zwahlen's apples!) And Zach looks so dang cool with his headlight! I was in Primary the other day and it just isn't the same without him (AND YOU!) in there! Hope the Cafe Rio is worth it!

Amber said...

Yeah.... How fun. Happy birthday by the way. Love that you got a spa day. I love it when hubbies are smart and give you a day off. I think Im due for one soon too haha. Zach and Kate are getting so big and I just love little Kate's hair...its getting so long.

Hermana Gracee Sue said...

Uh, happy bday. Sorry it's late.
We (Uh, I) was on vacation. You look okay for 29, but Justin on the other hand...hot.