Saturday, December 31, 2016
We have had the craziest winter this year with all the snow falling in the great PNW. But it didn't stop us from heading out to ring in the New Year (East Coast Style with a 9pm count down) at our friend's Jade and Ashton's new house. It's a good thing too because Justin couldn't handle staying up late with the older two, so I was left to stay up until Midnight. The New Year has never been a big deal to me. I think for a lot of people its a fresh start, but for me its just another day. Is that sad? Either way it's a great excuse to get together with friends to party!
Wednesday, December 28, 2016
Today was all about Ryan! Having a birthday right after Christmas is tough but I think we nailed this one on the head. We ordered his favorite food(Subway) for dinner, blew out the candles on his Paw Patrol Cake and topped it off with opening presents. The video pretty much sums up Ryan's enthusiasm and love for all things Construction. We love this little boy and the funny things he says and does around the house. He loves to be included in anything you are doing and has an imagination that allows him to dig trenches and lay pipelines with his construction toys for hours every day. He loves pre-school, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, hanging out with his friends Rhett and Claudia from school and again is obsessed with all things Construction.
Monday, December 26, 2016
The Christmas Run Down...
- Attended our ward Christmas Party and happened to meet Santa to let him know that all Ryan wanted was excavators.
- Settled for a pre-cut Christmas tree at Loch Lollyland because the entire tree farm was completely picked over and there was not a single descent tree left...thinking this way is much easier than hunting for the perfect tree!
- Grandma and Grandpa Marostica came to town and stayed with us for Christmas and New Years! Which meant pedicures, gingerbread houses, and lots of rounds of the game Aggravation!
- Christmas Eve dinner and Nativity at Aunt Heather and Uncle Steve's house. Ryan was Joseph, Kate and Angel, and Zach a sheep...we may not have the most spiritual Nativity but it is definitely the most memorable.
- Christmas Eve jammies were gifted.
- Christmas fell on a Sunday this year(my favorite) so we opened stockings and went to church.
- After church we opened gifts. For Zach an iphone(Heaven help us), Kate and Instax Polaroid camera, and Ryan more Excavators!
- We ended with our annual hosting of Christmas Dinner and trivia. Its become quite the tradition!
Wednesday, December 14, 2016
Tuesday, December 13, 2016
In addition to our long list of holiday events, Ryan's pre-school program was one of our favorites. He knew all the songs and was the cutest little angel. Teacher Teresa and teacher Stephanie just love these little ones and it shows in their performance. Here he is pictured with his best buddy Rhett!
Sunday, December 11, 2016
Christmas always comes early with the annual Alpenrose Christmas Performance. Its my favorite performing opportunity Kate has all year because she is in multiple dances and performs in front of an audience in a real theater. She of course performed wonderfully again this year and I am so appreciative of my family for coming and supporting her. It is becoming a holiday tradition for all of us and is helping to create memories that I hope last a lifetime.
Here performing company always has a Secret Santa exchange and this year Emmy was her Secret Santa. Hot on the gift list was a Lokai bracelet, and a turquois feece jacket. She was trilled. What a fun group of girls she gets to associate with.
Saturday, December 10, 2016
I can't believe my firstborn is 12! Wow time is starting to fly by fast. Here are some fun facts about Zach.
Favorite Color - Blue
Favorite Food - Alfredo Pasta
Favorite Sport - Soccer
Favorite Subject in School - PE, academically Math
Best Friend - Nate
Favorite Sports Team - Manchester City
We took he and his friends to iFly to celebrate. Everyone got an opportunity to fly and we followed it up with Pizza, Donuts and Presents. Happy 12th Birthday buddy! We sure do love you!