Thursday, June 12, 2008

Pool Days...

Going to the pool was all we could do to get out of the heat wave that we went through over the past weekend. Temperatures reached the upper 90's, but when you mix HoT aNd HuMiD, it feels like 105+!!! To top it off we lost our power for 12 hours the last day of the heat wave. We lasted about 3 hours until we couldn't take it anymore and went up to Grandma and Grandpa's house so that we would be able to sleep. We are so glad they moved closer. We are lucky that we get to see them practically whenever we want. An added bonus is that they keep their house at igloo temperatures. Those who live in the East or the South over the summer can appreciate that.

Now that it will continue to stay hot I guess our days at the pool have officially started. Zach is perfectly happy about this. He is constantly asking what number the little hand and the big hand, on the clock, have to be on to make it time for us to go to the pool. He is a little fish. Kate, thinks she's big like Zach and attempts to crawl her way into the deep end, and loves splashing the water. Thank goodness for zero entry pools...

8 comments:

Patrick and Paige said...

I love these pictures. They are so cute. I can't believe how much Kate looks likes you. I am glad that she likes water. That is great!!!

Krystal said...

I love that first picture.They look so cute,and so much alike. I'm sorry for the heat. I would want to "live" at the pool too. From the looks of it the kids seem like they are up for that. By the way how is it taking two kids to the pool? Knowing your kids they are just perfect, and it's a lot of fun. Well I hope it cools down. Kate's hat is so cute. I need to find me one like that for KJ. Have fun!

Thompson Family said...

What a couple of cuties! This probably will not be anything like our family vacation. I hear McCall is not all that hot this time of year (ie snowing 2 days ago!) It will still be fun and crazy I am sure...

Unknown said...

Oh so cute.... we wanna come play.

Chiara said...

hey...just because I'm anal and slightly OCD I thought I should let you know that your link to Andi and Mari's blog doesn't work. You have an extra "P" in blogspot! So, could you fix that please!! ;)-

Ashley said...

Anything for you Chiara. My fam had a great time seeing you last week. My sis Heather didn't make the connection you were a Haycock!

Janell said...

That looks like a little piece of heaven! These are the times when I regret cancelling my Y membership. Oh well. We'll just keep swimming in the 2X2 baby pool on the deck for now. (pathetic!)

Anonymous said...

no swimsuit would b nice