Thursday, June 19, 2008

2 Against 1...

And it all started with sweet little Kate today at lunch. As usual I made lunch for Zach and Kate, and as we are sitting there eating, Kate decides that it would be fun to start practicing her raspberries. Cute right? Yeah for a few times, but then when your three year old joins in then it starts to get out of hand. Pretty soon they continue to do it as a form of entertaining one another, and it can't be stopped. It didn't matter how many times I said "please stop", or if the tone of my voice meant business, nobody responded, especially the baby. They both thought each other were hilarious. Zach would stop for a moment, but then get pulled right back in with Kate trying to get him to do it again. Little stinker... Meanwhile, my own lunch is being spit on by the dueling raspberries, and I am getting the runny baby food, that I have been working so hard to get into her mouth, splattered back at me. Who knew squash could travel so far! Good thing I hadn't showered for the day.

This is the first time that I have felt like it was 2 against 1, and there was nothing I could do about it. I am finally oUtNuMbErEd!

1 comment:

Em said...

Ugh. Sorry about that powerless feeling. (I get glimpses of it with just 1...yikes). But it sounds like it would have been really funny to watch! (in an I feel bad for the mama kind of way)