Saturday, December 26, 2015

Merry Christmas...

Another Christmas season has come and gone.  For Ryan it was the first time I think he caught on to what was going on, and for the older two, the excitement of being with family and seeing what "Santa" brought for them was still as fun as years past. 

We spent Christmas Eve at Uncle Andy and Aunt Mari's house.  We try to keep the Nativity re-enactment reverent but it's tough work I tell as you can tell by our child actors. They sure make a cute Joseph, Mary, and Shepherd if I do say so myself. And what would Christmas Eve be if we didn't open up our new jammies? After the kids fell asleep I busied myself with getting ready for Christmas Day dinner. The past three years I have hosted at my house and I love setting everything up. Cleaning it up on the otherhand...well I am still undecided.  

One day we might enjoy a little sleeping in on Christmas morning, but this year the older two were still the first to wake up! I hope their excitement lasts forever! The HOT items this year were Bose headphones for Zach, an American Girl Doll Bed for Kate and a Tractor Excavator for Ryan.  But our biggest gift was the announcement that we are expecting #4! The family is so excited and we can't wait to meet our little bean this coming July! And yay for a summer baby, a blessing for sure!

We are so blessed and at this time of year when we get to celebrate the birth of our Savior our blessings seem particularly special. This Christmas I am grateful for eternal families and the birth and sacrifice of our Savior makes that possible. I am glad we still live in a world that allows us to celbrate this special event that took place long ago, but reminds us of why we are really here on this earth and what our purpose is.    











 
 









No comments: