Friday, March 13, 2015

Dancing up a Storm...

Kate's still at it with her dancing. Being apart of the Performing Company at Elite has given her tons of opportunities and has exposed her to a lot of great things. Things I sure wish I had when I was kid.  I hope she realizes just how lucky she is, but something tells me that because she is so young, that she doesn't. 

Kate experienced her first Dance Convention! What a whirlwind of a weekend. I don't think she knew what she had signed up for because by the end she was ready to drop! I am so proud of her though and she did the best her little body could do.  When it came to the audition portion of the comvention she jumped first in line. I can't believe how brave she is! I hope she remembers the amazing teachers she was able to learn from. Some of which were previous members on SYTYCD!
With Laurie Johnson
 With Marty Dew
 With Tiffany Maher
 With Derrick Schrader


SYTYCD came to Portland, and Miss Karin, Kate's coach, offered up 3 extra tickets.  Well being that SYTYCD is my favorite show I could not pass it up and with my mom's birthday a week later I thought what a perfect birthday gift to her to celebrate how much we love and appreciate her and everything she does for us. So we hit a little Pastini's first and had a great night watching our favorite dancers light up the dance floor.  That Tanisha is A-MAZE-ING!  





In February the company took a master class from one of the Broadway Cast members from the the musical Cinderella.  Then later that evening we went to go see the Show. Afterwards the girls got to tour backstage. So fun! 


Last weekend the company performed at Liberty High School for the Drill Dance Competition opener.  Very much like a halftime performance.  Here's some video! Like I said they experience a little of everything! No doubt she enjoys every bit of it, especially the friendships she is making.  This is her buddy Alyssa.

No comments: