Wednesday, November 11, 2009

I Never Thought...

The girls/wives I met while our husbands were in Dental School, would mean so much to me. I think the friendships we made are so unique. I can't believe we managed to keep the girl drama, that normally surrounds big groups of girls, out of our lives to allow us to get so close. I could say that we became so close because we were all going through the same thing for four years, but it is more than that when you find yourself happy for their successes and find yourself in tears for their struggles, as if you were going through them yourself. I love that when we get together it is like nothing has ever changed, even though tons has. Almost all of them have another child, or are pregnant with a new one on the way. Their husbands are now working in the "Real World", or they themselves have started a career of what was once a hobby.

We met up this past weekend in St. George, UT for TOFW. I think we have all decided that three days is just not enough, and that having something to go and do is not a necessity. We were all happy to just sit and talk for hours. This isn't all of us, and we missed all who could not be there. There will always be next time though, as this was the first of many trips to come.



As for the TOFW part of the trip, Justin would like to think that I was inspired by the speakers on how to be a better wife to my husband. Unfortunately that wasn't on the line-up. But who couldn't love this sweet, young, stud! I don't need a speaker to tell me how to do that.



I have been trying to find a reason to post this beauty up on the ol blog, and I finally got my chance.

6 comments:

Thompson Family said...

Sounds like you had fun. And WHOA Justin! Quite the physique!

em said...

Oh, thank you thank you THANK YOU for posting that picture of Justin!!

And this weekend was such a blast, we should plan the next one pronto. No pussyfooting around. Also, I was cracking up last night after seeing the group shot with the stick up Val's nose. I was drifting off to sleep and that image popped back into my head and I started laughing so hard I teared up.

The Perry family said...

Yes, thanks for that awesome pic! That would've been sooo much fun!!! I'm glad so many were able to do it!! you guys probably had a blast! Oh and TOFW, that's a great experience on it's own!

Ellen said...

It's just so good to see you all together again. We miss you all! We've become the incredible shrinking ward. When you all moved away it pulled the plug. Keeping posting, though. I love watching you families grow.

McCoy said...

LOL i love that you put that picture up!!! i hope you guys are doing well. We need to get together. I have been so busy lately trying to figure out all this insurance stuff for my maternity that was NOT covered. But, Lexi is in the Nutcracker on December 1 at PleasantGrove High school we'd love for you guys to come if you can. I'll give you guys a call this week .. our cell phones arent working! Love you!

The Skinners said...

How fun! I wish I could have come, it would have been so great to see all of you girls! Im REALLY out of the loop here in AK.