Friday, September 25, 2009

Graphic, You Were Warned...

I should be more self conscious than this, that I know. But for the sake of the history of my mouth, it just has to be documented. This is my gum graft that I voluntarily underwent this afternoon. YIKES!!! and OUCH!!! Thank heavens for pain medicine. Justin did this to me. And to think I still love him. We'll see after all the swelling, bleeding, and healing is over with. Who knows why my gums decided to recede so far down to necessitate a graft like this. Justin laid the flap, and took some tissue from my hard palate to use for the graft, then sutured everything all up. It took an hour and a half. I was numb so I didn't feel a thing, but three hours later...WOW! It is over and done with now, and I just pray I don't have to go through another dang thing with this mouth of mine...besides finishing the bleaching of my front tooth(which happens to be dead, and still has a temporary filling in it due to having started the bleaching process at Temple) and braces, but hoping for invisalign, to close the gap in my lower teeth(which occurred from not wearing my retainers after getting married, teeth still move darn it). If I can just survive my first night, I think I will be okay...






6 comments:

Krystal said...

Oh Ashley I am so sorry. That has got to kill. I hope you feel better soon...really soon. I mean when your mouth hurts your whole body hurts. You just don't feel like doing anything. It's a good thing you love your dentist!!!

Chiara said...

Owwwwwwwwch!! Makes my mouth hurt just looking at those pictures! What a brave soul! And I bet your husband loves you even more to have given him such a fun procedure to do. Best of luck in the recovery!

Suzette said...

ouch, we hope that you have a quick recovery.

Patrick and Paige said...

I cannot type the sounds that I am making right now. BUT OUCH!!!!

em said...

He lets you kiss him with that mouth? :) Hope it heals up FAST...man. That looks worse than childbirth!

Thompson Family said...

Ashley, you are brave! (No effense Justin, er...Dr. Marostica!) My next thought is how did you do that with a cast on your arm????