Thursday, October 30, 2008

Halloween Isn't Halloween...

Until you attend the annual Trunk or Treat, or given another name this year, and a slightly different game plan, Fall Harvest Festival. You know when costumes are involved, the event is bound to be fun. Zach and Kate were excited to be there. This year, instead of going room to room and trick or treating for candy, our church had several booths for the kids to play various Halloween games. Zach bobbed for pumpkins, walked in the costume parade, ate a doughnut off of a string, did a bing bag toss, got his face painted, etc. It is safe to say he didn't want to leave.



This is Zach with his friend Aleah(Goldie Locks). Her mom, dad and baby sister were the three bears. I couldn't talk Justin into dressing up as anything, but our friend Austen decided to dress up as Justin, back when he played soccer for BYU, even up to the way Justin styles his hair. Justin was definitely surprised to turn and see his uniform on Austen. We all got a good laugh.
I dressed up as a ballerina. (Thanks to Justin's mom for passing this fabulous costume along.) I was going to put on my old point shoes, but was glad I didn't after being called up to start the adult limbo contest. What? Yes I took this bad boy through three rounds of the limbo. Alex Cabot and Laila Stratton were giving me a run for my money.
I pulled through though and won! My prize? A Zwahlans Chocalate Carmel Apple. Not too shabby.
Justin was feeling a little left out, so I let him put on my costume for a little bit. He got a lot more love in it than I did. Lets just say a few people got fresh with Justin in this costume. I think people were afraid I would feel violated if they touched me while I was wearing it.
Nice Lee!

15 comments:

Emily said...

Your ward party looked WAY more fun then ours. Let's just say we left after eating dinner (that wasn't very good). And I L O V E the ballerina costume. You're so cute as a cubby girl (Justin too). :)

Emily said...

sorry, that's "chubby girl"

amyorr said...

Love ths kids costumes. Yours is great!! Austen did a great job as being Justin. he should have done the High school soccer picture though. Maybe next year.

The Perry family said...

I love that you posted that lovely picture of you! Nice job with the whole limbo too, major props for the bloated ballarina!

Teandra said...

That is hilarious! Nice costume.

Brian and Marnae Powell Family said...

NICE, those pics are HILARIOUS

Krystal said...

I LOVE your costume. I mean that is a winner! You looked so good. That is one good costume. Even on Justin. I don't know how people kept there hands off of you!!! I mean look at you. OH and the kids look so cute! What a fun night.

Bone Junior said...

I have the same Batman-head candy bucket as Zach!!!

em said...

That purple leotard really makes your eyes dance. Good work on the limbo--I love the pic of you tucking in your extra fat to get under the stick!

Devon said...

I didn't realize that Austen was dressed up as Justin. Hilarious! What a great idea. And you totally ruled the limbo. We were all so impressed! And your blog is fabulous! I love the pictures of you guys when you were little. Zach and Kate do kind of look like both of you...I guess that's the idea, right?

The Weeks Family said...

Ash, I was cracking up seeing you in the ballerina fat suit. That's hilarious!!! Of course you would win limbo in that. How did you do that? I miss ya! I'm glad you guys had a fun Halloween! The kiddies are as cute as ever!

Ashley H. said...

That is the best costume! I wish I could have seen it in person. Lee looks a little too comfortable with justin. Congrats on the limbo! That's hilarious!

Krystal said...

Ashley could you send me your email (krystalskinner8@yahoo.com) so I can invite you to our blog. Thanks

Beth Davis said...

You guys are too funny!!! That is the perfect costume. How did you get your leg that high in that big thing?

Unknown said...

OH that is a good costume. Did you wear that one to your aerobics class?