Sunday, April 1, 2018

Spring Break 2018 Spent in Palm Springs...

The last time I had traveled to Palm Springs, I was in the 6th grade and my best friend, Claire VanKerkhove, invited me to go with her and her family during Spring Break. I remember there being lots of Sun, massive amounts of time swimming in a Pool and loads of Fun driving in the red mustang convertible her parents rented for the week! I wanted to re create this memorable Spring Break that I had as a kid for my kids, so away we went. With the help of neighbors that have gone before us they gave us some great suggestions on where to stay. We landed at the Marriott Shadow Ridge in Rancho Mirage, and boy did it not disappoint! Zach was entertained with having so many of his friends staying at the same resort to hang out with. Kate must have completed a dozen crafts or so to keep her busy all week, and Ryan and Preston ran back and forth from the pool to the hot tub until they dropped dead at night. We really had so much fun at the resort that we didn't really venture outside but for dinner and dessert out in the evening. What a great week of rest and relaxation, well as much as we could get with all the kiddos in tow. There's nothing like being able to leave your cares and worries at home. I hope my kids remember this trip like I remembered my first trip to Palm Springs.






























No comments: