Saturday, August 12, 2017

Surf Cup 2017!

Zach's soccer team got accepted into the Surf Cup down in San Diego this summer. Justin went with him last year, and I got to go this year, with Preston in tow! Wow, the competition is steep! I am amazed at the talent I watched. I am even more proud that Zach held his own being one of the youngest on the team. I love watching him play and was so grateful to be able to be in San Diego to experience this this tournament with him.

I have a couple friends in Southern California that I haven't seen for a really long time so it was so fun to catch up with them while we had some down time. I saw my old college roomate, from BYU, Katrina, and Amber, who was my best friend in our first married ward at BYU.  She and I have a long history with our husbands, because they also lived in Philadelphia for med school while we were in Philly for dental school. It was so fun to see them. 

Zach had a great time and even scored a goal! It's always nice to attend and play in tournaments like these to get an idea of what's out there. I think these boys left motivated to get working harder on their game!


 








No comments: