Sunday, August 7, 2016

First Week...

 Preston's first week home was pretty peaceful. Justin took the other three kids to Idaho for the family reunion, so it was just me and Preston for the week. It was so nice to be able to get a hang of things, sleep when I needed to and have some uninterrupted snuggle time before the rest of the family came home. 

It almost all didn't happen when I went to my post partum appointment three days after I had left the hospital and got re-admitted into the hospital for high blood pressure. What?! I tried with huge tears and begging to convince the doctor on call that it was situational.  They weren't buying my story and thought I could have preeclamsia. I knew I was healthy though so at 1am (on my birthday) when the baby, myself and my poor mom could not sleep in the hospital for another minute, I signed my own release, and exited the building like a crazy person! But came home and had one of the best nights sleep!

Grandma came over almost every day to check in on me and to snuggle the baby for a bit.  It was really a great week. I felt very spoiled to spend one on one time with Preston. It was like having my first all over again. I highly recommend sending the family away after having a baby. I never realized how hard it is to regain strength and sanity after delivering a baby, but being able to recover at my own pace for the week and not being forced to take care of all the kids really helped me gear up for them to come home.






 








No comments: