Monday, January 14, 2013

Christmas Recap 2012...

Let's pretend like having a third child didn't phase me a bit and that I picked up right where I left off shall we?  The month of December is always crazy and chock full of festivities.  This year was no different.  We start off with our annual trip to pick out the tree.  It's tradition to find the tree, tell Santa what we want for Christmas and end with a little Hot Chocolate and Hot Dogs from good old Loch Lollyland out in North Plains, OR.  


This year I added a new decoration to the house...my White Tree.  Well, really it's my mom's old gold and white ornaments that she passed down to me, but this last fall we spotted the perfect tree to hang them on.  I love it, minus the mess and time it took me to put it all up.  This might become an every other year kind of decoration.  
The kids hung up their ornaments on our green tree and instead of making Gingerbread houses this year, we simplified and made Gingerbread Men, thank you Costco!  


The Cousins came into town this year again, which always makes the holidays more special.  We took a little trip downtown to see Santa at Macy's to remind him of what we wanted for Christmas and wrote a our one last plea for our gifts of choice.


Zach was a wise man and Kate was an angel for our Christmas Eve Nativity.  She and Brooke flapped their arms as they entered and stood on the table hovered over the baby Jesus.  Too funny!  Wish I had it recorded.  We opened our Christmas jammies and waited for Santa to come.  

Kate finally got her own American Girl Doll, Kit, Barbie Make-up and Microphone that has entertained her daily ever since, and Zach got every soccer warm-up and accessory he could possibly ever need to feed his addiction to the sport.  Justin received his annual gift from his friend Austen.  Its pretty safe to say the bromance is still there.






We had a wonderful Christmas and we made it through without having contractions or making a run to the hospital.  Not that having baby Ryan wouldn't have been the best Christmas gift but having him cook a little longer is better than coming too early.

1 comment:

em said...

Ok I am NOT stalking you but I just barely updated our blog and figured I'd check up on everyone else's! Looks like you had an amazing Christmas...and congrats on baby Ryan!!