Monday, September 24, 2012

The Last Week of Summer...

Is always bittersweet.  The kids get excited to see their friends again and I get excited for a schedule, but early mornings, making lunches and becoming a taxi make me wish summer could last just a little longer.  We didn't go anywhere during August so I thought we could at least go out with a bang spending a day at Oaks Park and a day going to the Zoo.  The kids had a blast!  Zach rode the scariest ride, the Screaming Eagle, and Kate rode her first Roller Coaster.  There was not a single ride they did not try. 

The Zoo was fun too!  Zach brought along his best friend Nate.  We went right as the zoo opened so all the animals were really active and we ended the day with a ride on the train.  The kids love the train!   My favorite part, as always, is getting an Elephant Ear!  That's always a good reason to go to the zoo if you ask me.  


















No comments: