Thursday, June 30, 2011

Kate's On Two Wheels...

It's true, Kate is riding a two wheeler! There are quite a few kids that live in our new neighborhood, and one of the favorite activities is to race on their bikes. They even have a "Finesh Line" chalked across the street. Yesterday, Kate had been riding our neigbor's balance bike all morning. When I came outside in the afternoon to check on them, she begged me to take off the training wheels on Zach's old bike. Honestly, I didn't want to, only because I was more afraid of her hitting the pavement. She is persistant though, and I obviously gave in, and now she's practically a pro! It literally took her one try with me holding on to the back and running along side of her. She kept pedalling faster and I was soon left in the dust.



This is footage I took of her right after she learned yesterday.


2 comments:

em said...

That is so amazing. O hasn't even gotten on a two-wheeler yet (our lazy fault, not his) and now I can't wait to get him on one! Tell Miss Kate I'm super impressed with her not even looking where she's going while riding around in circles. I think I was in the 6th grade before trying that :) HA. Way to go, Kate!! Bet she'll be beating all those big boys in the races this summer...

Patrick and Paige said...

WOW!!! way to go Kate!! she is a pro!!! AWESOME!!!